The Diploma in General is a three years morning programme designed for male to provide an opportunity to the student nurses to acquire basic knowledge and skills required to practice in nursing profession.
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma
- 1. Qualification: Applicant must meet one of the following academic level
- I - FSc (Pre-Medical) with 50% marks minimum (Physics, Chemistry & Biology as compulsory subjects)
- II - Matric (Science) with 55 % marks minimum (Physics, Chemistry & Biology as compulsory subjects)
- 2. Age Limit: 15-30 years
Required Documents for Diploma
- Four powder copies of matriculation certificate
- Four powder copies of other educational certificate
- Four powder copies of domicile
- Four powder copies of NIC
- Eight recent color photograph
- Two reference and powder copies of their NIC
All documents must be verified from respective examination Board.
Application and supportive documents and fee once submitted will not be returned.
Get the prospectus along with application for Rs.1000 from office of St. James Institute of Nursing & Health Sciences. DOWNLOAD from here
- Appearing in admission entry test
- Short listing of successful candidates
- Appearing in interview
The campus has spacious, well ventilated and well equipped class rooms.
The students will be placed in various units of affiliated hospitals (Dr. Ruth K.M. Pfau, Civil Hospital) for integration of learned concepts into practice. Affiliated hospitals have general wards, high dependency units, and critical care units in all disciplines.
Skills & Science Labs
ST JAmes School & College of Nursing has well equipped skill and science labs, which are practical learning resources for the students. Students can utilize both labs for their practical learning purposes. Students are required to follow the rules and policies of both labs while utilizing this facility.
St James SON and CON has a computer lab, which is open in all working days during working hours. Students can utilize this facility for their computer teaching courses and assignments.
St James SON and CON has the facility of library, which contains books related to course subjects. Students are entitled to borrow books from the library during their academic hours. All the students must obey the library policy.